Saturday, July 13, 2013

Frogs, Snails, & Puppy Dog Tails

My good friend, Kelly, had her baby shower today!  I didn't help host this shower, but I did make the treats!

The theme was Frogs, Snails, & Puppy Dog Tails.  I've yet to make anything for this theme so I was excited!  The invitation had polka dots and chevron so I definitely wanted to incorporate both of those design elements, however, I didn't want it to be too girly.

Dont' you just love the froggy?  He's my favorite. :)

I added fondant to the board this time and used a wood-impression mat.  I thought it made the overall look even more boy-ish.  The poor little puppy got a little fat because I put his head on too soon and it squished part of his body.  He still looked cute though.

This was also my first time to put fondant onto buttercream in the ever-so-popular chevron print.  Man alive, did it give me a run for my money!  They make specialized cutters out there to achieve that look without having to cut the fondant (as you can see is what I did), but they're all too small.  I couldn't find a cutter with the right height on it.  (Maybe I should make one myself.... if only I had time, sigh).

Chevron butter cookies drying.  Check out this tutorial on how to make chevron cookies.  Thank you Sugarbelle, I couldn't have accomplished this without you. 



I also made butter cookies with a brown letter 'B' and the white and blue chevron print.  I love this color blue.  It reminds me of hydrangeas, and not baby blue.  So pretty.  And very southern. 


This was a very fun order and I really enjoyed trying out new tricks!  Thanks for the order ladies!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment