Monday, May 5, 2014

He or She? What will it be?

I got my second gender reveal order of the year and this one was a bit special.  The customer didn't know what she was having and I was the one to open the envelope from her anatomy scan from the doctor.  I can't tell you how fun it was to find out what she was having.  This is her first child and the excitement of it all is just too fun!

The invitation she sent over.

She wanted the inside of the cake to reveal whether it was a girl or boy.  Her colors were teal, pink, and grey.  I didn't get a chance to photograph the inside (because you would have had to cut into it after it was all finished to see what I did) but she said she loved it.

So what do you think?  He or she?

The cupcakes had to be in silver foil liners because I didn't want to ruin any part of the surprise by pink or teal accidentally showing through.   The bows and mustaches are both edible and the cupcake toppers on the sticks are reversible.  Here you can see both sides.

And here is the cake.  She sent over several ideas she liked from Pinterest and I just came up with something from there and the invitation.

So?  Have you guessed?

I made the cake so that when you cut into it, you will see colored polka dots like this example I found on Pinterest:


Except, instead of rainbow-ish colors, it was TEAL polka dots!!!!  It's a BOY!

Congratulations Tuohy Family!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment