Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sweet Baby Dedication

This is the second cake I've done for a new friend, whom I met through an old friend.  She has GREAT taste and picks out really fun & pretty cakes.

She was dedicating her daughter and needed and sweet cake for the party afterwards.  She sent me a handful ideas but I fell in love with one.  Here's the original photo she found online:

Don't you just love it?

Her colors were going to be similar but instead of black, grey.  I decided to make the ribbon grey with white polka dots, but still stick with the blush fondant on the cake.



Here's the cake I did.  It's pretty similar, right? 

This is actually not all cake.  Again, my friend loved the look of the original cake but didn't need all that cake; so the middle layer is actually just styrofoam.  The whole concept of part of the cake being fake is really popular for weddings, but I'm starting to get more and more requests for cakes really bigger than what the people need and therefore needing part of it to be fake.   An additional bonus about half the cake being fake is that it makes it really light!  :)


I love how it turned out and I hope that sweet baby had a beautiful dedication!

Thanks Sarah for the order!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment