Sunday, December 15, 2013

Baby Baptism

I've been getting many baptism cake orders recently.  It's probably because it seems all my friends are having babies!!!  

My good friend, Kelly, who has ordered from me too many times to count had her sweet baby boy, Brooks, baptized a few weekends ago.  She was having a small family gathering and wanted something small to help celebrate this beautiful occasion. 

Classic Vanilla cake covered in white fondant wrapped with an ivory ribbon.  The baby blue cross is made out of fondant and lightly dusted with some shimmer dust.  The plaque reads "God Bless Brooks" with the date of the baptism on the side.  
 I love baptism cakes.  I love their simple designs.  Not because it is less work for me; in fact, it's a little more stressful to get everything just perfect because simple cakes show far more imperfections than busier and more decorated cakes.  But because they are classic cakes.  

And here's my other order from the same weekend.  I loved how Brooks' cake turned out, so I just made another one in baby pink for Baby Kakie (which is a nickname for the little girl).  The customer wanted a square cake instead of round though.  
Congratulations Brooks and Kakie!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment