Thursday, October 3, 2013

Birthday Cookies


This order was actually from a donation I made to a church bible study group for a FREE one-dozen cookie order.  The lucky winner was a sweet girl in this bible study that I'm in and she wanted to take advantage right away!  She said she had several September birthdays in the family and just said to make them girlie.

I decided to go with pink and orange because I'm loving that color combo right now.  I also love cookies that look like cupcakes.  I think they're fun.  :)  I made some very tiny pink fondant flowers to go on the orange scalloped cookies to add a little flare.  I will say though, that I'm a bit disappointed in the bleeding that occurred on the orange cookies.  The humidity down here gets me sometimes and it got me this time.  When I piped the letters it looked perfectly fine, but after about ten minutes, it started to swell and bleed. :(  It was a bummer but they still turned out pretty cute.

Would you like to win a free dozen cookies from CreateBakeLove?  Share a post from my blog on your Facebook page, then email me the link to createbakelove (at) gmail.com to let me know and you'll be entered.  One entry per person.  Offer ends on Monday, October 7th at 11:59 p.m.  You must be in the Houston area, and willing to pick up your FREE cookies.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment