Sunday, October 6, 2013

Baby Whoooo?

Okay, I had to make that be the title.  :)

This order was for a owl-themed, gender neutral baby shower for a soon-to-be mama that did not know what she was having just yet.  

Check out this ADORABLE invitation the hostesses sent me to help with the cake idea.  I fell in LOVE with it.  My mind immediately went to work thinking of what I could do down the sides of the cake.  I knew I wanted to recreate the triangle design.


So here's what I came up with:


I free handed the owl out of fondant to match the cute owl on the invitation.  This picture unfortunately is pre-dusting because it shows some of the powdered sugar that I normally dust off with a brush at the very end. 


I love, love, love the geometric design along the side of the cake.  

They also wanted cookies for the favors.  I searched Pinterest over and over for some cute owl themed cookies.  There are some ridiculously talented people out there that I swear owl cookies are their speciality.  It was truly unbelievable.  Anyway, I ended up going with a site I love, The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle and used her owl cookie tutorial.  I adapted the design a bit to match the owl on the invitation.


Happy Baby Shower Kristin!  I hope you loved your cake and cookies as much as I did!!!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment